Monday, July 11, 2011

Oops!

I've been drinking WINE.  Little did I know... I liked it.


And now I need to keep track of which ones I dig and don't dig quite as much.  And since I really don't feel like making an entirely new blog for that purpose, I'm just going to keep up with it right huurrr.


One day last week (Wednesday?  Thursday?  Tuesday, maybe? What year are we in?  ...Is this real life?), I had Apothica Red, a blended wine.  From their website:  "A captivating blend of three distinct grapes, with the dark fruit flavors of Syrah, brambly spice of Zinfandel, and a smooth elegance of Merlot.  Apothic Red reveals intense fruit aromas and flavors of rhubarb and black cherry that are complemented by hints of mocha, chocolate, brown spice and vanilla. The plush, velvety mouthfeel and smooth finish round out this intriguing, full-bodied red blend."  So um, I didn't really catch pretty much any of that (damn my heathen beer-appreciating taste buds!), but I really dug it.  It made that little spot where your jaw connects kind of tingle.  Plus it just tasted good.  I give it a... plus.  (I don't know what sort of rating system is in place for wines).  And in retrospect, maybe I did pick up some of that black cherry and mocha.  


Then Friday night, I had a bottle of Fat Bastard Chardonnay.  I wish I could admit to making a typo there, and apologize for accidentally saying "bottle" instead of "glass,"  but um, there is no typo.  I drank an entire bottle.  I'll admit, I didn't even find it all that incredible, it's just that JP put a wine cozy on the bottle about halfway through the night, and that's when things went all wrong.  (I need a much more accurate system of keeping track of the amount of alcohol I'm consuming).  Anyway, you know what, I did like the wine.  The website said it's supposed to have white flower aromas (that just sounds like chrysanthemum tea), and a toasty after taste.  Once again, I didn't really catch those things. And once again, I attribute it to my lack of a wine palette.  I'll get there.  Either way, it tasted good.  Good enough that I drank the entire bottle, apparently.


And tonight (Monday, of course), I've opened a bottle of Trinity Oaks Pinot Noir.  Look, I'm not gonna lie -- I bought it because they said they'd plant a tree for every bottle purchased.  I'm a damn hippie.  Anyway, I should have already been suspicious due to the fact that on the back of the bottle, where the description of the wine normally resides, it just talked about the tree they were going to plant.  *sigh*  It's an okay wine.  Actually -- maybe it's an awesome wine; that's the thing -- I have no idea.  I just know that I personally do not prefer this.  The tannin content is too high and it leaves a weird taste in my mouth.  But at least I have a bottle with trees on the front of it now.  That'll look nice in the collection of bottle lining my kitchen cabinets.

No comments:

Post a Comment